Staying home with your kid is great. You can watch them grow and save money on nannies. But sometimes, you really miss the ‘adult’ stuff. And you worry a long career break can be detrimental to your future.
Luckily, it’s never been easier to combine work and home life. Businesses have finally realized many office workers can easily do their jobs from home. There’s never been that many jobs for stay-at-home moms!
This guide offers ideas for 61 stay-at-home-mom jobs and tips to get them fast.
This guide will show you:
- How to make money as a stay-at-home mom (really).
- Where and how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs that pay.
- The best job site for work-at-home jobs for moms and how to use it like a pro.
- Tips for getting the best jobs for moms most people wouldn’t think of.
Just want to know how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs?
Google “remote” + [JOB TITLE] + “jobs”. Click “search.” Then click the blue jobs bar.
You’ll find dozens of the best jobs for moms (and jobs for pregnant women).
The pay info for our jobs for stay-at-home-moms list comes from Glassdoor. If you’re good you’ll earn more.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here.
Use this resume template
Sample resume made with our builder—See more resume samples here.
Looking for temp jobs while pregnant? Follow up with
How to Find Legit Stay at Home Mom Jobs
Why is it so hard to find real stay-at-home-mom jobs?
It’s called “overwhelmed.”
The kids are swinging from the light fixtures. Someone just discovered Sharpies, and the cat’s on fire.
Not to mention there’s this little thing called “income.”
You need to know how to make money as a stay at home mom.
The short answer?
How Can a Stay at Home Mom Make Money?
Step 1. Assess your skills. Many careers like waitress or receptionist aren’t jobs for stay-at-home-moms. If you’re lucky, you’ll have skills that work in jobs that do.
Step 2. Look at our list of stay-at-home-mom jobs ideas below. It’s got skilled and unskilled SAHM jobs. Make a short list of the ones that fit.
Step 3. Pick your favorite(s). Narrow down your short list to the work-at-home jobs for moms you want. Consider pay and training times.
Step 4. Plug your stay at home moms job ideas into Google. Google for Jobs is the best search site to find jobs for stay-at-home-moms. It’s got the best AI. Plus it scrapes jobs from all the other sites, and from company web pages.
I’ll show how below the list of work at home jobs.
Step 5. Don’t ignore local mom ‘n’ pops! Some of the best stay-at-home jobs for moms are right under your nose. Scroll to the bottom for tips to find them.
Be picky. There are tons of great home-based and online jobs for moms out there. There’s piles of bad ones too. Apply to lots. Work at several for a day each. Pick one.
Pro Tip: Just want the best jobs for moms with minimal training? Word-search on this page for minimal. You’ll find dozens of the best jobs for stay at home moms with no experience.
Want to try other job sites in your stay-at-home-mom jobs search? See our guide: Job Sites: 15 Best Job Search Engines and How to Use Them Perfectly
61 Best Stay at Home Mom Jobs that Pay Well in 2019
Here’s the big list of jobs for stay-at-home moms.
It’s got 61 stay-at-home-mom jobs, plus median salary and training times.
They’re all pregnant-friendly jobs.
The best tip?
Write up your job skills. Then look through the list to find a fit.
Are you wondering how to make money while pregnant and unemployed? Or how can a stay-at-home mom make money?
Scroll down below the list for tips.
Day Care Stay at Home Mom Jobs
One of the most popular and best jobs for moms with young kids? In-home day care.
If you love coming up with activities and more kids means more fun, this isn’t a bad option.
1. In-Home Day Care. In rural areas, these jobs for stay-at-home-moms pay $20+ per kid per day. It’s more in cities.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $27,430
2. Babysitter. Not into full-fledged day care? Give a shout on Facebook for these part-time jobs for moms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $18,000
Typing Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
If you can type, you can probably do lots more. But—
Typing jobs for stay-at-home-moms are easy if you’ve got the skills.
3. Typist. You’ll need at least 40 WPM for these jobs for stay-at-home moms. Test your speed free at KeyHero.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $27,430
4. Data Entry. These stay-at-home-mom jobs need good 10-Key and Qwerty skills—Training: Minimal. Pay: $31,153
5. Legal Transcriptionist. Type dispositions and legal terms for these SAHM jobs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $28,570
6. Law Enforcement Transcriptionist. Learn police codes and terms on the fly for these legit work-from-home jobs for moms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $28,570
7. Medical Transcriptionist. You can find good mom jobs typing doctorspeak if you can learn the terms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $28,570
Phone SAHM Jobs
Nobody really likes phone jobs, do they?
But these work-at-home jobs for moms are easy to get and do.
8. Phone Survey Conductor. Call people at home and ask questions.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $27,099
9. Telemarketer. You’ll need a phone and grit. And you’ve got both .—Training: Minimal. Pay: $25,969
10. Call Center Representative. You know those radio ads with the 800-numbers? These part-time jobs for moms answer them.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $32,214
11. Customer Service. More fun than call-center work. Requires product knowledge—Training: Minimal. Pay: $34,780
12. Dispatcher. Taxis, trucks, and cop cars need to know where to go. That means more stay-at-home-mom jobs for you.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $37,112
Teaching Work-at-Home Mom Jobs
If you’re a good teacher, you can find well-paying teaching and tutoring jobs online.
These make some of the best SAHM jobs because you can fit them to your schedule.
13. Online Tutor. If you’re good at any subject, these make solid home jobs for moms. If you’re good you’ll make more than the median.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $25,500
14. Test Scorer. You won’t find these flexible jobs for moms in search sites. Contact schools and teachers directly instead.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $24,380
15. ESL Teacher. There are lots of good online jobs for stay-at-home moms teaching English.—Training: Bachelor’s Degree, Teaching Certificate. Pay: $54,337
Pro Tip: Wondering how to find these jobs for stay-at-home-moms in search engines? Scroll past the list to see the most effective way.
Writing Jobs Online for Moms
Do you have grammar and writing skills? These writer/editor/blogger stay-at-home jobs for moms might be your next chapter.
16. Proofreader. Checking spelling and grammar. Plus, you’ll make your kids spelling bee champs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $36,290
17. Copy Editor. Check grammar, spelling, facts, and research with these online jobs for moms.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $45,506
18. Content Creator. Jobs for moms who can blog and write.—Training: On-the-job. Pay: $54,455
19. Editor. Google’s got tons of remote jobs for moms who can manage writers.—Training: On-the-job, can take years. Pay: $61,655
20. Journalist. This one takes a long time to develop and you won’t find it in the job sites. Join a pro association like the ASJA.—Training: On-the-job, can take years. Pay: $45,925
Computer Science Stay at Home Mom Jobs
If you’ve got a head for code, these are the best paid jobs for stay-at-home-moms on the planet.
21. Help Desk Worker/Desktop Support. Help non-techies jump through hoops.—Training: Certificate, 1 Month. Pay: $43,835
22. Computer Scientist. As a CS, you can do any of the stay-at-home-mom jobs below.—Training: Bachelor’s Degree. Pay: $109,075
23. Computer Programmer. Can you write code, or learn to? These are great stay-at-home jobs online.—Training: 6 months to 2 years online training. Pay: $64,719
24. Software Engineer. Also “software developer”. This is more than programming because you design the apps.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $104,463
25. Web Developer. Jobs for stay-at-home-moms who build website back-ends pay massive money.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $88,488
26. Web Designer. Create the shape of sites and apps for these work-at-home jobs for moms.—Training: Train online (shortest route about 3 months) or Bachelor’s Degree. Pay: $56,143
27. UX Designer & UI Developer. Make websites play nice with users.—Training: Learn online. Shortest route about 3 months. Pay: $97,460
28. SQL Developer. Write code to store and retrieve data for websites. Lots of nesting, so, great jobs for pregnant women. ;)—Training: Online, about 2 months. Pay: $81,714
29. DevOps Engineer. Someone needs to drive the great web development wagon train westward. That could be you.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $138,378
Artistic Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
Are you an artistic momma? Try these creative stay-at-home-mom jobs.
30. Graphic Designer. If you’re good with graphics, you’ll find lots of work-from-home jobs for moms here.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $48,256
31. Video Editor. Cook raw footage into gorgeous product with Adobe Premiere.—Training: On the job or a few weeks online. Pay: $46,274
32. Musician. If you’ve got skills, you can find these jobs for stay-at-home moms in Google.—Training: Must have skill. Pay: $40,000
33. Computer Animator. These work-from-home jobs for moms come from networking, not job search websites.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $61,000
Marketing Jobs for Moms
Dig for legit work-from-home jobs for moms in the marketing world on Google for Jobs.
Many marketing teams rely on remote talent like you. (Mine does!)
34. Social Media Specialist/Manager. If you can handle Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook, you can be a work-at-home mom.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $54,500
35. SEO Specialist. This is all about keywords and search intent. Training: Online, self-taught. Pay: $66,848
36. Marketing Specialist. These at-home jobs for moms turn heads to bring in bucks.—Training: On-the-job or college degree. Pay: $42,153
37. Marketing Manager. If you can lead a marketing team, you can find hundreds of work-from-home moms jobs online.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $93,125
Pro Tip: Need experience for these SAHM jobs? Pick up the principles on YouTube, in blogs, and in Lynda classes. Your first month is free.
Research Online Jobs for Moms
Are you a top-notch internet detective who can pull it all together?
These online jobs for stay-at-home moms pay pretty well and don’t require a ton of training.
38. Researcher. Dig in, pull facts, and help your boss see forest through the decision trees.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $61,085
39. Research Assistant. Just starting out? Try jobs for stay-at-home-moms helping the main researcher.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $30,647
Accounting/Finance Stay at Home Mom Jobs
Have you got a CPA license or are you good with numbers? Try these stay-at-home-mom jobs.
40. Accountant. These SAHM jobs need a CPA license. If you don’t have one already, move along.—Training: Bachelor’s degree and monster test. Pay: $55,202
41. Bookkeeper. No license. Keep track of the money. These work-at-home jobs for moms are everywhere.—Training: On the job or online in four months. Pay: $34,677
Analyst Work at Home Jobs for Moms
If you’re really good at massaging data, these jobs for stay-at-home-moms may fit.
42. Business Analyst. For these stay-at-home-mom jobs, speak truth to power with hard data skills.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $70,170
43. Data Analyst. Use big data tools like Hadoop or Cloudera to see what’s really going on amid a world of figures.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $65,470
44. Financial Analyst. If you don’t already have a CFA certification, this one’s off-limits.—Training: Bachelor’s degree and certification. Pay: $63,829
45. Actuary. Insurance companies hire stay-at-home moms who make numbers sit up and beg.—Training: Get certified by CAS or SOA. Pay: $107,598
46. Biostatistician. Health care needs statisticians too. Lots of SAHM jobs here.—Training: Generally bachelor’s degree. Some do it with less. Pay: $92,426
Engineering Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
If you’re not already an engineer, you won’t find many work-at-home jobs for moms in this part.
Already got a degree? Try these legit work-from-home jobs for moms.
47. Assistant Engineer. Do you understand the way things work? You can get SAHM jobs here with an associate’s degree.—Pay: $68,000
48. Engineer. Search a specific engineer job + “remote” in Google to find tons of these jobs for stay-at-home-moms.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $77,182
49. Mechanical Engineer. Got your mechanical engineering degree but want to be a work-at-home mom? Google “remote mechanical engineer jobs” and click the big blue bar.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $73,016
50. Civil Engineer. Yes, there’s tons of remote CE positions that work as stay-at-home-mom jobs.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $68,638
51. Electrical Engineer. If you’ve got the training, you can find at-home-jobs for moms here too.—Training: Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $83,088
Pro Tip: How long can you work while pregnant? Some go right up to the day (my wife did). Check with your OB. Then check the best jobs for pregnant women in this article.
Healthcare Stay at Home Mom Jobs
You need a license for these legit stay-at-home-mom jobs.
52. Telework Nurse/Doctor. If you’re licensed, you can do these as a work-at-home mom.—Training: Nursing or med school. Pay: $76,710–$300,000
53. Massage Therapist. Welcome clients to your home and work your magic. Also try reiki practitioner and aromatherapist.—Training: State license. Pay: $45,408
54. Mental Health Counselor. Online therapy’s a thing, and works as SAHM jobs.—Training: Varies by state from Certification to Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $45,449
55. Addiction Counselor. Plenty of work-from-home jobs for moms online in this field.—Training: Varies by state from Certification to Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $37,762
56. Marriage Counselor. Rural couples love not driving. That creates online jobs for moms.—Training: Varies by state from Certification to Bachelor’s degree. Pay: $53,000
Other Legitimate Work at Home Jobs for Moms
Need a few more SAHM jobs with minimal training?
57. Virtual Assistant. Basically an online secretary. Good unskilled stay-at-home-mom jobs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $22,000
58. Recruiter. Many are underhanded, but you don’t have to be.—Training: Minimal to bachelor’s degree. Pay: $49,712
59. Translator. If you’re fluent, Google, “remote translator jobs” to find lots of legit SAHM jobs.—Training: Minimal. Pay: $44,190
60. Amazon Top Work From Home Jobs. Amazon has stacks of jobs for stay-at-home-moms. Training: Variable. Pay: Variable
61. Network Marketer. Multi-level marketing (MLM) has detractors and proponents. Research heavily before you jump.—Training: Minimal. Pay: Variable
I joined a network marketing company on social media as a casual side-business. In a few months I experienced increased sales and a growing team of friends who wanted to share the products as well. In eight months I started seeing paychecks approaching the same size as my husband’s. A little sorting through of products, compensation plans and timing of the company will hopefully lead you to the right fit.
Tara Ray Heffner
SAHM and Network Marketer
Is That Really All the Stay at Home Mom Jobs?
You can find far more than 61 work-at-home jobs for moms.
Almost any job will work from home.
Google “remote” + [YOUR CAREER] + jobs. Click “Search.” Then click the big blue bar.
Pro Tip: The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) ensures 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave to most long-term employees.
Is your work experience as tiny as your baby’s? You can still get good stay-at-home-mom jobs with the right resume. See our guide: First Resume with No Work Experience Samples
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check. Start building aprofessional resume template here for free.
Create my resume now
When you’re done, Zety’s resume builder will score your resume and tell you exactly how to make it better.
How to Find Online Jobs for Moms
You’ve seen the 61 jobs for stay-at-home moms in our list. Your troubles are over. Right?
Well—not so fast. Those are stay-at-home-mom jobs ideas.
To find legit work-at-home jobs for moms you can apply to:
Don’t use job sites like Indeed, Glassdoor, or LinkedIn.
They’re great for different reasons. (Legit listings, salary data, networking.)
But they’re not the best sites to find SAHM jobs.
Do use Google.
“Remote” + [JOB TITLE] + “jobs”.
Click “search.” You’ll see a big blue bar that says “Jobs: Work from home.”
Click it. You’ll get hundreds of real jobs for stay-at-home-moms you can apply to.
Why is Google best?
They’ve got the best programmers and the best AI. They scrape listings from all over the web. They even pull jobs from company websites.
Pro Tip: Set up alerts in Google to find new stay-at-home-mom jobs while you sleep. Just flip the little switch in your browser’s lower left.
We’ve got great resume examples for most of the stay-at-home-mom jobs ideas in this guide: Resume Examples for Every Profession
Don’t Ignore the Mom ‘n’ Pops!
You’re missing out.
You’ve seen our 61 great stay-at-home-mom jobs and how to find them.
The best SAHM jobs might not be online.
Talk to your network. Chat with friends on social media. Talk to local business owners.
Ask around. You never know who might need help.
I turned my organizational skills into a part-time freelance bookkeeping and administrative job for a small business owner. I told my buddy (we hired his crew to do our roof) that he should let me do the booking for him. He agreed and we learned Quickbooks together. Now I update his website, run his FB page, do payroll, marketing, keep track of taxes, from the comfort of my laptop in my bed after the kiddos go to sleep. I let go of the career idea for a while and took the pressure off myself. Decided to do something stress-free. Now I get to spend my days with my favorite humans while I can!
SAHM and Admin
Pro Tip: Use networking to help find jobs for stay-at-home-moms. One woman I interviewed (with no degree) got a $100,000 job via networking job search.
Want your resume for stay-at-home-mom jobs to fit like a custom onesie? See our guide: 6 Tips on How to Tailor Your Resume to a Job Description
How to Work from Home With a Baby
Yes, but how???
You know how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs.
But how to work from home with baby? How to make money while pregnant?
Pick part-time, flexible jobs for stay-at-home-moms.
Choose stay-at-home mom jobs with part-time hours to save your sanity.
I mostly use nap times and evenings to work my little ‘side hustle.
Tara Ray Heffner
SAHM and Network Marketer
Ask your spouse for help.
You can’t work even online jobs for moms without a break from baby. Carving out some work time with your spouse is key.
Reach out to family and friends.
Your spouse may help, but not enough to cover all your hours. For even part-time work-at-home jobs for moms, ask family.
I couldn’t do it alone. My husband works long shifts. So after much frustration I reached out to my family and asked for support for a couple hours a week so I could complete some non-kid related tasks. I’m so glad I did because as it turns out my family was very willing to help us out. I was able to have my mother come by one evening a week and do bedtime routine with the kids so I could concentrate on my work. I opened the door and I received a warm and willing response.
SAHM and Admin
Trade child care with other stay-at-home moms.
Is your child too young for daycare, or is the cost too high? You can still work stay-at-home-mom jobs if you get help. See if other local SAHMs might do a babysitting swap.
We worked out a child care trade off with another family. I watch their kids for free so they can have time alone together and then they watch ours. Working at home with a baby and a preschooler is sometimes impossible without support. My advice is to keep that in mind and reach out.
SAHM and Admin
Cherish family time.
Don’t let even the best jobs for moms pry you from these precious years. Make sure you set aside sacred family time, and guard it with your life.
Set aside time devoted to family where devices are put away. It’s easy for a stay at home job to become an all day at home job. Phones and devices are accessible everywhere and all the time. The tension is real. Even though a schedule might exist, there’s the feeling of urgency to respond to emails/messages/calls. It is likely that I could wait an hour or until the scheduled time to respond...but, well, there’s no time like the present...right?! Ha ha. So yes, time for family where there is no “work” is huge (and marriages won’t implode, either).
Tara Ray Heffner
SAHM and Network Marketer
Pro Tip: Get creative. One SAHM we talked to went garage-saling with her kids in tow. Then during nap times and at night, she listed the stuff on eBay. Not big money, but she did it during mommy hours and it was fun to get out and about.
Want your resume for stay-at-home-mom jobs to stand out like a sleeping newborn? See our guide: How to Make a Resume for a Job: Writing Guide
Plus, a great cover letter that matches your resume will give you an advantage over other candidates. You can write it in our cover letter builder here.Here's what it may look like:
See more cover letter templates and start writing.
Here’s a recap of how to find stay-at-home-mom jobs:
- Use Google for Jobs to find the best jobs for stay-at-home moms. Search “remote” + [JOB TITLE] + “jobs”. Then click “Search,” then click the blue bar.
- Get inspiration from the list of work-at-home jobs for moms in this article.
- Don’t ignore mom ‘n’ pops. Local businesses are often starved for help. Some of the best jobs for moms come from lending your skills to locals.
- Reach out for help, not only to find stay-at-home-mom jobs, but to get time to work them. You can’t do any job if you can’t get a break from baby.
Do you have questions on how to find the best jobs for pregnant women and moms? Got tips for other work-from-home moms? Give us a shout in the comments! We’d be happy to reply.
What are the best jobs after being stay-at-home mom? ›
Busy moms can find part-time work in freelance positions like copywriting and web development. Certain options like teaching, nursing, and becoming a personal care aide, are perfect return to work jobs for moms because you can use their parenting skills on the job.What can I do as a stay-at-home mom to make money? ›
- Start a Print-On-Demand Business. ...
- Try Affiliate Marketing. ...
- Become a Digital Expert. ...
- Sell an Online Course. ...
- Become a Virtual Tutor. ...
- Give Babysitting a Go. ...
- Sell Items You Don't Need. ...
- Flip Items.
- Virtual assistant. Virtual assistants are remote workers who offer administrative services. ...
- Transcriptionist. Transcriptionists listen to voice recordings and turn them into written documents. ...
- Bookkeeper. ...
- Social media manager. ...
- Freelance writer.
- Product Manager. Salary: $114,752, according to PayScale. ...
- Project Manager, Operations. Salary: $78,565, according to PayScale. ...
- Senior Project Manager, IT. ...
- Business Development Manager. ...
- Channel Sales Manager. ...
- Senior Account Manager. ...
- Senior Sales Executive. ...
- Front-End Developer.
- Dental Hygienist. Median Annual Pay: $67,300. ...
- Acupuncturist. Median Annual Pay: $59,900. ...
- Market Research Analyst. Median Annual Pay: $59,500. ...
- Sonographer. Median Annual Pay: $58,300. ...
- Web Developer. Median Annual Pay: $55,400. ...
- Pilates/Yoga Instructor. ...
- Fitness Trainer. ...
- Elementary School Teacher.
- Get paid to test websites.
- Become a crowdworker.
- Design and sell t-shirts.
- Work as a transcriber.
- Shop for others.
- Sell crafts online.
- Get paid to pet sit.
- Sell your photos online.
- #1 Get in touch with people in your network.
- #2 Approach companies directly.
- #3 Take advantage of your University Career Center.
- #4 Register with a recruitment consultancy or staffing agency.
- #5 Consider remote work.
- #6 Use LinkedIn job search features.
- #7 Search job boards.
How much does a Work From Home Amazon Employment make? As of Mar 1, 2023, the average hourly pay for a Work From Home Amazon Employment in the United States is $28.69 an hour.How can I work from home with no experience? ›
- Data Entry Clerk. Typical Salary Range: $23,000 - $42,000. ...
- Virtual Assistant. Typical Salary Range: $21,000 - $60,000. ...
- Search Engine Evaluator. Typical Salary Range: $36,000 - $60,000. ...
- English Teacher. ...
- Tutor. ...
- Customer Support Representative. ...
- Content Writer. ...
Easy, good, paying jobs include pet care, dog walking, home sitting, technical writing, patient care, delivery driving, massage therapy, and political science jobs. Most of these jobs only need the skill set and perhaps a post-secondary qualification.
What can I do for a living from home? ›
- Sell custom products.
- Create a print-on-demand business.
- Make a subscription box.
- Sell on marketplaces.
- Sell digital products.
- Sell your creative work.
- Monetize an audience.
- Become a freelancer.
- Pet Sitter. ...
- Retail. ...
- Rideshare Driver. ...
- Restaurant Host. ...
- Salon/Spa Front Desk/Reception. ...
- Social Media Helper. ...
- Test Proctor. ...
- Tutor. If you're a college student or teacher, tutoring jobs in your area of expertise are a way to make extra money without a long-term commitment.
- Complete Online Surveys.
- Sell Your Favorite Stock Images.
- Become a Virtual Assistant.
- Earn Money Off Your Reviews.
- Sell Household Items on eBay or Amazon.
- Rent Your Gadgets by the Hour.
- Enter Data Online.
- Sell Your Unused Clothes Online.
The industries hiring for the most work-from-anywhere jobs right now, per FlexJobs' report, include marketing, project management, customer service and technology.How can I make $1000 working from home? ›
- Become a Virtual Bookkeeper from Home.
- Combine a Few Small Side Hustles. Paid surveys. Credit card rewards. Microtasks.
- Make $1,000 a Month Freelancing.
- Blogging Your Way to $1,000 a Month Online.
- Virtual assistant.
- Selling on eBay.
- Invest in real estate.
Teaching, Coaching, or Creating Online Courses
"Moms know things, and people want to learn things. Whether it's meal planning, crocheting, playing the piano, or scaling a network marketing business—a digital course is an excellent way to take your expertise as a mom and monetize it."
Housework. Cooking meals, cleaning, laundry, house maintenance, and grocery shopping are typically seen as stay-at-home tasks. Working from home. In this economy, the stay-at-home parent may work from home for extra income while also taking care of the children.What businesses can a stay-at-home mom do? ›
- 1) Day Care Centre. ...
- 2) Transport Business. ...
- 3) Medical Consulting Services. ...
- 4) Business Plan Writing. ...
- 5) Writing. ...
- 6) Skincare and Makeup Artistry. ...
- 7) Jewellery Making. ...
- 8) Knitting.
- Veterinarians. ...
- Physicians and Surgeons. ...
- Pharmacists. ...
- Physician Assistants. ...
- Nurse Practitioners. ...
- Human Resources Managers. ...
- Management Analysts. ...
The careers women are happiest in are entrepreneurship, IT, medicine, teaching, human resources, psychology, interior design, and media—due to career opportunities, average salary, and overall career satisfaction.
How can I get money right now? ›
Some ways to get money fast include selling your stuff you don't use anymore, freelancing, getting a part-time job, completing online surveys, renting out a room, selling crafts, taking out a loan, or using financial apps that offer cashback rewards.How can I make money fast without a loan? ›
- Sell something. If you have anything sitting around your house collecting dust, then you could turn it into cash. ...
- Pawn something. ...
- Sell unused gift cards. ...
- Access your paycheck earlier. ...
- Take on a freelance gig. ...
- Pet sit. ...
- Babysit. ...
- Ask for a loan from a family member or friend.
High-Paying Jobs With Little Schooling Required
- Police Officer. ...
- Aircraft Mechanic. ...
- Mechanical Engineering Technician. ...
- Radiologic (X-Ray) Technologist. ...
- Welder. ...
- Diesel Mechanic.
- Become An Uber AND Lyft Driver. I love the idea of ride-sharing as a side hustle because it's one of the few "jobs" on here that you can truly do 100% on your own time. ...
- Deliver Food From Restaurants. ...
- Deliver Groceries. ...
- List Your House On Airbnb. ...
- Rent Your Car. ...
- Renting Out Your Garage or Driveway.
- Take a Break. ...
- Go Where the Jobs Are. ...
- Spruce up Your Online Presence. ...
- Get Skilled or Schooled—or Both. ...
- Change Your Mindset. ...
- Try a Temporary Job. ...
- Build Your Network. ...
- Review Your Resume.
What equipment does Amazon send you to work from home? An Amazon-owned laptop, headset, and Ethernet adaptor. All they ask for in return is that you have a reliable internet connection and have the laptop wired directly into the router at all times (using the ethernet adaptor provided!)Does Amazon really have work from home? ›
While most of Amazon's hourly job opportunities require being at a local Amazon facility, there are some jobs roles in customer service and corporate that offer partial remote or work from home potential.How much do Amazon workers bring home a week? ›
While ZipRecruiter is seeing weekly wages as high as $1,087 and as low as $346, the majority of Part Time Amazon Warehouse Team Member wages currently range between $538 (25th percentile) to $740 (75th percentile) across the United States.What job can I do from home with no qualifications? ›
- Data entry. Data entry and clerical duties are one of the top work-from-home jobs for those with no experience or a college degree. ...
- Customer service. ...
- Social media manager. ...
- Content writer. ...
- Graphic designer. ...
- Virtual assistant. ...
- Voice-over artist. ...
- Maintain Regular Hours. Set a schedule and stick to it... ...
- Create a Morning Routine. ...
- Set Ground Rules With the People in Your Space. ...
- Schedule Breaks. ...
- Take Breaks in Their Entirety. ...
- Leave Home. ...
- Don't Hesitate to Ask for What You Need. ...
- Keep a Dedicated Office Space.
What is a low-stress job that pays well? ›
According to data that FinanceBuzz compiled from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), some low-stress jobs that typically yield a six-figure salary include mathematician, software developer, political scientist, physicist, chemical engineer, astronomer, and ...What is a fun job that makes a lot of money? ›
Jobs that pay between $60,000 and $90,000 and evoke minimal stress include dietician, audiologist, technical writer, hydrologist and geographer. With competitive salaries above $100,000, enjoyable careers include mathematician, astronomer, orthodontist, physicist and political scientist.What is the highest paying unskilled job? ›
- Sales Representative.
- Administrative assistant.
- Delivery driver.
- Construction worker.
- Tax preparer.
- Property manager.
- Flight attendant.
- Claims adjuster.
- Become a Food Delivery Driver. ...
- Take Online Surveys. ...
- Earn Cash Back Shopping. ...
- Run Facebook and Instagram Ads. ...
- Deliver Groceries. ...
- Share Your Space. ...
- Sell Your Stuff.
- Physical Therapist. Physical therapists are experts in movement and the human body that often help to rehabilitate people with injuries or disabilities. ...
- Firefighter. ...
- Teacher. ...
- Teaching Assistant. ...
- Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Acupuncturist. Why: When your job involves treating patients' ailments by inserting thin needles into their skin, it helps to create an environment where your patients are relaxed. ...
- Gardener. ...
- Librarian. ...
- Massage therapist. ...
- Sleep technician. ...
- Tai chi instructor. ...
- Yoga instructor.
The 11 most in-demand jobs
- Nurse practitioner. ...
- Information security analyst. ...
- Statistician. ...
- Physical therapist assistants. ...
- Economist. ...
- Wind turbine technicians.
- Have a clear goal about why you're returning to work. ...
- Update your professional social media profiles. ...
- Refresh your skills. ...
- Start networking.
Stay-at-home moms go back to work all the time, whether it's when the children start school or whenever they feel it's the best time to do so. Many of them experience anxiety about returning to work after being a stay-at-home mom. You're not alone. One thing that you can do is embrace the process.How do I get a job after being a homemaker? ›
- Job Search Tips for Getting Back Into the Workplace.
- Review the Basics.
- Prepare Your Elevator Pitch.
- Classes, Conferences, and Certifications.
- Consider Volunteering.
- Ease Back Into Your Job Search.
- Try Informational Interviews.
- Network, Network, Network.
How do I get back into workforce after 10 years? ›
- Start with volunteering. ...
- Complete freelance work. ...
- Ask others about their experience. ...
- Take refresher courses. ...
- Get a certificate. ...
- Focus on your soft skills. ...
- Work an entry-level position while you job search.
There is no time frame for being a stay-at-home parent. Some parents stay at home until their child is in preschool, high school, or they wait until their kids graduate from high school. The time frame a person can be a stay-at-home parent depends entirely on each family.Is it harder to be a stay-at-home mom or work? ›
Staying at home with your kids is HARDER than going into work, new study finds. Don't ever underestimate the challenges a stay-at-home mom faces on a daily basis. In fact, new research has found that many people find staying at home with your children HARDER than going into work!Is being a stay-at-home mom better for the child? ›
Fewer behavior problems
Being a stay-at-home parent gives you more time with your children, which can also help you identify possible behavioral or developmental challenges early on. Instead of relying on feedback from outside caregivers, stay-at-home parents can observe their child's behavior firsthand.
For example, mothers employed part time reported better overall health and fewer symptoms of depression than stay-at-home moms, while there were no reported differences in general health or depressive symptoms between moms employed part time and those who worked full time, the study said.What work can a housewife do from home? ›
Home based business
Housewives who are artistic and imaginative can earn money from home by having small business ideas like candle-making, soapmaking, handmade crafts, jewelry making, interior decoration and many more according to individual's interests. Hobbies of house wives can change into business.
Cleaning, cooking and doing the laundry. Scheduling and overseeing property maintenance. Coordinating other household management activities. Caring for children.
- Graphic design.
- Editing and proofreading.
- Marketing copywriting.
- Content creation.
- Public relations consulting.
- Brand ambassador.
- SEO consulting and strategy.
- Sell Stock Photographs. ...
- Content Writing Services. ...
- Sell Digital Products. ...
- Craft Business. ...
- Flip Items for Profit. ...
- Virtual Assistant. ...
- Write and Sell eBooks. ...
- Final Thoughts.
You can offer services such as personal training, massage, and yoga classes. Or you could offer dietary supplements and other health products. There are endless possibilities for businesses that stay-at-home moms in India can start. All you need is some creativity and motivation.